cover

cover

Friday, November 11, 2022

MOVING THROUGH CHANGES

The time just flies by, it has almost been a year since I posted.

Their has been a lot going on with the family. 

Last year was a busy year,  I lead the Gold Together team with the American Cancer Society of Chino.  For those who don't know the Gold Together supports Childhood Cancer.  I couldn't pass up the opportunity to lead that team for our Kiddo's fighting cancer and the families.  I will always continue to fight in memory of our son Jacob and all the other kids fighting and the ones that have lost their battle.
The end of 2021 was just a bit CRAZY!!  The final decision was made that we were moving out of California to Arizona.  A lot of road trips back and forth, lots of packing and bought a house in August and made our final move 1 week before Christmas 2021....exhausting just thinking about it. ;0)


Starting this year 2022 in our now new place we call home...Arizona!  The transition was pretty smooth I felt right at home in my new house and loving the winter weather.  Just missing all my CA peeps.
Dillon had little struggles with starting at a new school middle of his 4th grade school season and also got bullied by another kid, it broke my mommy heart  :0(   Then he finally got accepted transferred to the school he was on the waiting list for the start of his 5th grade year. The school has been a smoother transition for him.
As the summer started Dillon turned 11, with a blink of an eye he will be graduating. The AZ summers quickly reminded me how hot and dry it gets....UGH, I am not one for the heat, glad I am a morning person  :o)
Switching into Fall, always my favorite season and the temps start to fall...YAY

This year, Oct. 2022 Jacob would have been 20 years old...WOW... I could only imagine what a young man he would have been, every so often he tells me he wishes Jacob was alive  :0(  We all miss you so much!
Looking at Dillon wishing he had a BIG brother to grow up with but instead he given so many memories

With Jacob's Birthday in October and then the Holidays still are the hardest for all us, we still cant help to think how unfair life was. It took so much from us, just a huge chain reaction which I had no control of.
BUT I am thankful and blessed where we are now, we have over come so much and came through the darkest of times.  
Watching Dillon grow and experiencing so much with him is my biggest blessing!

As we the see the end of 2022 come to an end, we look forward with hope and bring on new life experiences while moving forward.

Melisa 💗

No comments:

Post a Comment

Angels took his hand

It's taken me 3 days to actually figure out how I was going to start this post. A post that would truly portray how my dad lived his lif...