cover

cover

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Monday, March 1, 2010 7:51 PM


It’s been 4 weeks, a month of trying to figure out our place. It’s defiantly a place where there is a great void, a void followed by tears. I won’t lie it has not gotten easier, it has just gotten more familiar. But the thought is always right there, the thought of this feeling is not right. We walk around the house with all of Jacob’s Pictures; at times I have the fear that’s all that is keeping his smiling face fresh in my memory. It’s those pictures that are helping me feel closer to Jacob. Then it’s the pictures that make me smile and maybe even remembering the story behind the picture. This one picture that I posted with this Journal is one of my favorites with the two of us, I had gotten up on Sunday morning remembering a friend told me I had to take a picture of my hair, she really wanted to see it, so that’s was what I went to do. Alone in the office, or at least I thought I was :o) I was so pre occupied with trying to get the camera to work automatical​ly I did not notice that Jacob had snuck in behind me after a few pictures. I was viewing the pictures and noticed there was a little head over my shoulder with this huge mischievous smile. That is when I turned around to see him standing on the cat scratch tower making sure he was part of the picture. So of course he now had to be part of the picture. That makes me smile, loving those moments!

Tha​nk You for your continued prayers!
Mel​isa

I NEVER SAW YOUR WINGS
How is it that I never saw your wings
when you were here with me?
When you closed your eyes and soared
to the Heavens I could hear the
faint flutter of you wings as you left.
Your body no longer on this side
your spirit here eternally I see your halo shine.
I close my eyes and see the multicolore​d wings
surrou​nd me in my saddest moments and my happiest times.
My angel, God has given you your assignment
a​lways my forever angel.
You fly into my dreams and when I am asleep
I feel your wings brush against my face wiping away
the tears I shed since I can no longer hold
you in my arms but in my heart.
You earned those wings dear one
and you will always be me angel eternal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Angels took his hand

It's taken me 3 days to actually figure out how I was going to start this post. A post that would truly portray how my dad lived his lif...