cover

cover

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful.....



Wait on the lord; Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen you heart; Wait, I say , on the Lord! Plalm 28:14

Thank You for everyone’s prayers! A time to be thankful, thankful that we have each day to spend together. As I stated in my previous post, yes Jacob did have Leukemia blasts in his CNS. This stupid cancer just does not stop, but with the help of everyone’s prayers we will move mountains. So back to the spinal Jacob had on Monday, (11/16/09) we of course also gave chemo and we also had no more headaches or nausea after the spinal. But that only lasted for about 2 days :O/ of course I am thinking OMG the chemo is not working! We were not set for the next spinal until Monday the 23rd, still 4 days away. But the Dr did not want to wait till then so she got Jacob in on Friday the 20th to see what was going on and to give more chemo. We of course got the news I wanted to here, the chemo is working and we found out the chemo was causing inflammation in his spine which was causing the headaches & nausea this time, one step forward! So with the spinal we just had on Friday he is now taking steroids that will help with the inflammation and gives him a lovely personality, LOL! Jacob is doing well, just a bit moody, but this morning was the last dose of steroids.

Please keep a little 5 yr boy in your prayers, his name is Hunter I meant them about 1 ½ weeks ago. They just found out he had Leukemia and in the last couple of days they found out he has a fungal infection. They are traveling down the same road we were on in Sept. I talk with the dad tonight, everything is still a blur for them, and he of course is confused and has lots of questions and was very grateful that he had a chance to talk with me. Sometimes talking with others that have been through what they are going through helps a lot.

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!
I count my blessings each and every day!

Thank You for keeping our little Jacob in your prayers,
Melisa

Isaiah 41:10
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Angels took his hand

It's taken me 3 days to actually figure out how I was going to start this post. A post that would truly portray how my dad lived his lif...