cover

cover

Sunday, January 10, 2021

Self satisfaction and healing

      As I sit here and think what to post, I think to my self, this year has been scary crazy, uncertain, a blur.   I have not taken much time to sit and just journal, for me when I journal it has always been a release.

From day 1 when I started fundraising for Childhood Cancer I never wanted nor expected anything in return. I have always helped in any way I could because it gave me gratification, and when Jacob lost his battle to cancer helping other kids gave me an anchor, helped with the healing process, "healed my soul".

2019 when I had the honor to take part in Leukemia & Lymphoma

Society's Man and Woman of the Year campaign, a huge honor for me to even be nominated to run. Then the end of last year 2020 I was asked to be a captain for the #goldtogether Relay for Life Chino, it's their one and only Childhood Cancer team, its all me for Chino, what another honor. I can do this, I have to remember it's for the kids and their families that are fighting cancer.  I know the journey they are on, its the same journey I traveled. There are moments of lows and moments of highs. I remember all the dark times and praying for that light at the end of that long dark sad tunnel, to exit at the other end just to be sucked back in as if the devil him self was not done with you. There was lots of praying, pleading and crying, just to see your child get through that moment and by some miracle to be heeled.

JACOB IS MY WHY, THE KIDS ARE ALSO ANOTHER BIG REASON WHY I CONTINUE TO FIGHT FOR THEM, I AM THE VOICE OF THE KIDS THAT NEEDS TO BE HEARD!

We are at the beginning of 2021, I have so many ideas for the year but the unknown with this pandemic is frustrating. Not knowing what will be aloud, how events will happen, just seeing what we will be aloud to move forward with. All any of us can do is take it one day at a time and pray that we can start to move forward.

Love the support and love,

XOXOXO

Melisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Angels took his hand

It's taken me 3 days to actually figure out how I was going to start this post. A post that would truly portray how my dad lived his lif...