cover

cover

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Making a difference

^i^ My Angel Jacob – 3 months in Heaven ^i^

It’s so true that it is a FACT of life that Jacob is no longer with us and that it is a BATTLE EVERDAY to coup with that very fact. Back in 2006 when Jacob was first diagnosed, it was that fact that I had to deal with, my child has CANCER, NO, HOW & WHY. It just wowed me to see a whole new world open in front of me. I was introduced to patients and their families, Doctors, Nurses, medications/chemo’s, side effects, spinals, bone marrow aspirations, IV’s, ports, LIVING IN YOUR ONW PERSONAL BUBBLE watching the world outside pass you by and so much more. Also a new language, at first it was…………………..HUH……………………..?!?!? In a short time and the internet I was a pro, I even found myself helping other families, even with everything so new to me & trying to deal with our own demeans I still stepped out to help the other families that had that scared lost look. Each time I saw that it just tore at me. I think it was easier for me to help others because I had a VERY POSSITIVE outlook on what we were going through, Jacob WAS going to be ok, we WERE going to get through this. Sure I had a melt down when we told that Jacob had cancer, and even now it was all a blur I WILL NEVER FORGET THAT. Just like I WILL NEVER FORGET the last breath Jacob took in my arms from the very cancer I said would not take my son!!!! Two things I could do, HATE LIFE or TRY TO TURN MY EXPERIENCE to something POSITVE. Yes at times that is hard to do, but I do try to extend my hand every day to those lost families. Knowing firsthand what they are going through from point A to Z of course makes it easier to be there for other families and I could never be accused of not knowing what the heck I am talking about :0/
I was once told by one of the nurses the reason Jacob always wore a smile was because no matter what I always walked in wearing a smile and a HI. Sometimes they wondered what was really hiding behind my smile. This little quote was given to me, I thought this is so true.

Thank You for the continued prayers!
Melisa

1 comment:

  1. Wow Melisa this is amazing! You are quite gifted and God is using those gifts. I really believe you are fulfilling your purpose and then some on this earth :) God bless you my friend! I often wonder how I would be if I lost Dylan, and that is such a reality for me. I am so very proud of you and the kind of person you are :) That sweet boy was a shining example of you and your loving spirit. Thank you for sharing this website and for helping me stay strong through Dylan's battle. With love,
    Kimberly Peters

    ReplyDelete

Angels took his hand

It's taken me 3 days to actually figure out how I was going to start this post. A post that would truly portray how my dad lived his lif...