cover

cover

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Week by Week


Inner Strength
My strength sometimes amazes me
As I handle all the pain and carry heavy burdens, I hold joy, sadness, love and optimism.
I paint on a smile, when all I feel like doing is screaming from the top of my lungs.
I sing songs of praise, when I feel like crying, cry when I am happy and talk to myself when I am afraid.

I really don’t know where to start, I am sorry for not posting sooner. I did not mean to have people worrying. This CANCER rollercoaster we have been on is just crazy, if I jump with Jacob, who will catch us? God! He has led us through thus far, and the ever so POWERFUL PARYERS that have continued for our Jacob, and for that I thank each and every one of our prayer warriors!

We did slow down on giving Jacob the stronger chemo’s due to the fact that the CT scan showed that the Fungal Pneumonia had left good size cavities (holes) on his lungs and the Doctors want those to heal completely before we really start to go with the stronger chemos. So we are going week by week, doing blood work and giving different chemos once a week keeping the Leukemia at bay and trying to let his body heal Completely. We are going to keep Jacob healthy while controlling the Leukemia for approx. 5 more months before we think about transplant, scary thought. My first thought, can we make it that far?!?!? Yes, I can’t and won’t have it any other way!

Jacob has been feeling really good, thank God! We had a chance to go to the pumpkin patch, he enjoys that every year :O) Halloween was a blast, we first had a hospital party with little trick a treating stations for the kids, Jacob had a blast. Kaiser really did a good job. Then we had Halloween, considering it was on a Sat. all the neighbors dressed up and we all enjoyed each others company and just had fun. Of course Jacob got to go trick a treating to some houses with his little girlfriend Bianca :O) It was a good day for Jacob, I so appreciate every single one of these days!

Thank You for keeping our little Jacob in your prayers,

Melisa

Isaiah 41:10
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Angels took his hand

It's taken me 3 days to actually figure out how I was going to start this post. A post that would truly portray how my dad lived his lif...